Translate

Saturday, June 03, 2017

In explanation.

The following sermons are exercises towards a final sermon for the Preachers in Training licensure for the Episcopal Diocese of Spokane.

They are leading up and and meant to also set the tone for what it is to be a Christian and to be a preacher and leader of a congregation.

The first sermon begins with Proper 25 in year C and concludes with Proper 8A, both using the Gospel texts assigned in the Revised Common Lectionary.

This is my second class with this group.  Previously, I completed a Homiletics class at Trinity Lutheran Seminary in Columbus, Ohio and every study towards becoming a full sister with the Anglican Order of Preachers which also included a method of preaching.

I may use parts of these exercises in the future should I be called on to give a sermon for any of these dates in 2017 or in the sequence of every 3 years afterwards.

I continue to preach approximately every 3 months at St. Martin's Episcopal in Moses Lake, WA located in central Washington State.  I also continue to work as both a therapist and a Crisis Responder for Adams County, both south and east of here.

No comments: